Re: libpq block allocated before my malloc handler inits?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: rob <rob(at)robstoddard(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq block allocated before my malloc handler inits?
Date: 2008-06-29 23:10:14
Lists: pgsql-general

rob wrote:

> Is there something that runs before my malloc init function in libpq?
> If there is, is there a way to make it happen afterwards? Is there a
> library interface which doesn't have hidden init functions?

I don't see anything in our code that would initialize stealthily.
Maybe it's something we're being linked against -- pthread perhaps?
OpenSSL? Maybe you'd have more luck if you noted what is libpq doing
when this invalid free is called. Perhaps call abort() and get a stack
trace from the resulting dump.