Warm standby server

From: "Scott Whitney" <swhitney(at)journyx(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Warm standby server
Date: 2008-06-26 15:19:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've got 3 different database servers (db01, db02 and db03).

I would like to have a WAL standby server that replays logs for all 3 in
case one goes down, so I can promote that particular server.

Can I do this by installing 3 separate postmasters on this machine?
Obviously, if 2 went down at the same time, I'd have to do some magic to
bring up another machine, but I'm not sure that's a concern.

It'll be a RedHat RHEL-4 box on pg 8.1x