Fix pg_ctl restart bug

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fix pg_ctl restart bug
Date: 2008-06-26 02:47:07
Lists: pgsql-patches
We document 'pg_ctl restart' to preserve any command-line arguments
passed when the server was started:

    Restarting the server is almost equivalent to stopping the
    server and starting it again except that <command>pg_ctl</command>
    saves and reuses the command line options that were passed
    to the previously running instance.  To restart

However, as of 2004-10-15, this has not worked.  :-(  The attached patch
is the one that caused the bug --- on non-Unix systems, SYSTEMQUOTE is
"", meaning zero-length string.  I should have seen the bug when I
applied the contributed patch in 2004.

The second attached applied patch fixes the problem.

pgsql-patches by date