Re: European Agenda ?

From: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: European Agenda ?
Date: 2008-06-21 20:45:27
Lists: pgeu-general
On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 01:36:15PM +0200, damien clochard wrote:
> http://wiki.postgresql.eu/wiki/PostgreSQL_EU_Wiki:Current_events
>
> Now i'm sure we can do better. This is just a "quick and naïve" proposal.
> Feel free to modify or criticize this page. I know that some might find this
> initiative is redundant with :
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/eventarchive
>
> Speaking of my own little person, as i don't take airplanes, i'm very little
> concerned by events organized outside Europe and  i find it useful to have an
> european-speciifc event page.
>
> My guess is that having this page on the european wiki, will make things
> easier to edit and update.
>
> Any comments ?

My first observation is the duplication of effort. Perhaps it is
possible to categorize the events on
http://www.postgresql.org/about/eventarchive so that you can choose to
only display events near you (wherever that my be)..

Just a though, i do sympathise with the gest, as i myself am not much of
a traveller and would probably never go to, say, the us or canada..

Gr,

Koen