Sponsorships for LinuxWorld, OSCON -- Please forward

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sponsorships for LinuxWorld, OSCON -- Please forward
Date: 2008-06-20 21:24:43
Lists: sfpug
SFPUGers,

Please forward to whomever in your company handles marketing stuff.

================================

PostgreSQL Companies:

Two (maybe three) great PostgreSQL social events.  One great sponsorship
opportunity!

We will be having social events at major open source conferences this year:
-- O'Reilly Open Source Conference, Portland, Oregon, Sunday July 20th(1)
-- LinuxWorldExpo, San Francisco, Tuesday August 5th(2)
-- Maybe more (see below)
In order to "spread the love" of PostgreSQL around the Open Source
community (and encourage PostgreSQL adoption!), we'd like to spend a total
of $5000 to $6000 on both events, and of course can use more.

These will be larger, more public events than last year.  We are expecting
up to 120 people at each, including PostgreSQL hackers, web developers, IT
company management, and open source luminaries.  And, of course, you!

As such, I'm looking for sponsors.  Here's how it works:

$500: Single-Party Sponsor: signage at entrance to *one* of the two
events.  Right to make one "we're hiring" announcement, and to distribute
1 piece of company literature during the pgDay.  Invitations for your
booth staff.

$1000: as $500, but for both events.

$2000: as $1000, with bigger logo.  Plus: thank-you in the pgDay keynote, 6
reserved(2) invitatons for each event to give to customers/partners, and
your name on the invitation.

$3000: as $2000, with bigger / more prominent logo.   Plus: mention on all
further announcements, special blog entry thanking you, and 12 reserved(3)
invitations for customers/partners.

But wait, there's *more*!  If we raise enough for the OSCON and
LinuxWorldExpo social events, we will also have a social event at LISA
USENIX conference in San Diego(4) this November.  Sponsors will be
featured there as well.  Don't miss your chance at this opportunity ...
respond now and we'll throw in a complete set of Ginzu knives(5)!

Please contact Josh Berkus (josh(at)postgresql(dot)org) for further
information.  Due to agreement with both conferences, this will be the
only sponsorship opportunity for OSCON and LWE.  Any leftover funds from
the events will go to the PostgreSQL fund at SPI, inc.  Please contact me
before June 25th regarding your interest in sponsoring.  Sponsorships must
be paid by August 15th.

There will be separate sponsorship calls for the PostgreSQL West and
PostgreSQL East 1-day conferences, starting in October. Also, we are
asking for existing project sponsors to send us 1-page flyers for the
PostgreSQL Products folders.

Josh Berkus
Selena Deckelman
PostgreSQL Project

(1)http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008
(2)http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/ehall//SN460564
(3) These will be public events, and we will be handing out a limited
number of invitations to conference attendees.  The reserved invitations
simply make sure that your guests get in to the event.
(4)http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa08/
(5) No, not really.  We will give you some nice stickers, though.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

sfpug by date

Next:From: Matthew LanierDate: 2008-06-21 16:05:33