Losing data

From: Garry Saddington <garry(at)schoolteachers(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Losing data
Date: 2008-06-19 15:55:41
Lists: pgsql-general
I have had a serious loss of data and wondered if anyone could shed any light
on what may have happened.
My users have been writing reports on students. No error messages have been
produced and when called back up the reports seem to be present at the time
of writing. However, next day they have disappeared, and they do not appear
in a pg_dump. They seem to have been kept in memory and never written to
disk.
We are using Zope and connecting to Postgres through psycopg on Centos 5.
I suspect a hard disk failure but any other ideas would be welcome.
Would these reports be in the WAL?
regards
garry

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Decibel!Date: 2008-06-19 16:02:32