Re: Translated documentations

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: bruce(at)momjian(dot)us
Cc: ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Translated documentations
Date: 2008-06-14 22:19:53
Lists: pgsql-www
> Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > JPUG(Japan PostgreSQL Users Group) has been translating the PostgreSQL
> > docs into Japanese and been distributing through their web site. The
> > translation work is surprisingly fast, usually Japanese translated
> > docs are uploaded no later than 1 week after PostgreSQL is
> > released. Thanks those who are volunteering the work.
> >
> > I think it would be nice that PostgreSQL main web site has the
> > translated docs or has a link to them. Many open source projects do
> > this way. This is not only usefull but good to appeal how the world
> > wide PostgreSQL commnuities help each other.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I think it is a great idea.

Thanks. It seems just making a link to JPUG's translated docs is
a good start. The URL is:

http://www.postgresql.jp/document/

Probably we modify:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/

a little bit and put links to localized docs like this:

    * Documentation
    * Manuals
        o Archive
        o Japanese manuals
        o French manuals
	      :
	      :
	      :
    * Security
    * What's New
    * FAQs

Anybody wants to work on this? Or I could edit the page if I get
enough permission.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan