Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads
Date: 2008-06-13 18:35:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 11:35 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> > > I'd rather step up to maintain it than let it go.  It's a 5 minute change, 5
> > > times a year?  If I can get access, I will commit to keeping it up to date.
> >
> > Fine.  I don't care who does it but last time we saw this problem a few
> > months ago the community was assured Freshmeat would be kept up to date,
> > but it wasn't.
> >
> > Exactly where is the release checklist that shows we should update
> > Freshmeat?
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ReleasePrep

Oh, that shows the problem more clearly.  The items are:

  Day After Announce

    * Update Sourceforge
    * Update Freshmeat
    * Update #postgresql topic

I did the IRC topic because I just usually grab that when I see the
announcement, but others could do it as well.  I am an admin on
Sourceforge for the project but I have never updated it, and I see we
never posted 8.3.1 there.  Freshmeat has a similar problem.

Who can take ownership of that list and has access to all those sites?
If not, it is again not going to be done regularly.