Call for Presenations: pgDay San Francisco 2008

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Call for Presenations: pgDay San Francisco 2008
Date: 2008-06-11 21:10:34
Lists: pgsql-announce
Where: Linux World Expo, Moscone Center, San Francisco
When: Tuesday August 5th, from 9am to 5pm
What: Talks for a mixed audience of community & newbies
Deadline: June 17th
Who: You!

The San Francisco PostgreSQL Users' Group will be running a full day of
PostgreSQL sessions at LinuxWorldExpo 2008 in San Francisco.  This will be
alongside the regular LinuxWorld sessions, and advertised by LinuxWorld.
Which means you can expect dozens of people new to PostgreSQL as well as
the members of SFPUG.

Which means we need you to submit a proposal *right now* for your talk at
this pgDay.  We need several regular 1-hour talks, Lightning Talks (5
minutes) and a single 2-hour tutorial.  Submit though the PUGS site:

Create your PUGS login:
http://pugs.postgresql.org/user/register
Then submit a talk:
http://pugs.postgresql.org/node/add/sfpug-talk-submission

Details: talks should be aimed at a general audience, except for lightning
talks, which can be about anything PostgreSQL-related.  We have no money
for travel sponsorships, but you will get free drinks.  Acceptances will
be mailed by June 25th.  We just need a 5-line abstract right now; you can
send slides later.  Contact josh(at)postgreSQL(dot)org if you have questions.

--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project Core Team
www.postgresql.org

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2008-06-12 16:20:40