BUG #4226: PG_CTL fails to strip admin rights before running postgres

From: "Austin Lee" <Austin_Lee(at)rapid7(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4226: PG_CTL fails to strip admin rights before running postgres
Date: 2008-06-06 23:08:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4226
Logged by:          Austin Lee
Email address:      Austin_Lee(at)rapid7(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.7
Operating system:   Win2k3R2SP2
postgres
Details:

I am trying to run pg_ctl.exe as admin when I get this error.
"FATAL: postgres: could not locate matching postgres executable."

I know there was a fix in 8.2.7 to fix this permission admin rights issue.
I've observed the fix in initdb.exe.  In 8.2.1 initdb fails because it can't
find postgres.  In 8.2.7 initdb success.

I assumed pg_ctl would have the same behaivor since I see the same calls to
AddUserDacl that I saw for initdb.  However, I am still coming up error for
pg_ctl which I believe might be a windows permission issue.

pgsql-bugs by date