Re: BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script

From: Nathan Reed <nreed(at)uci(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, nreed(at)uci(dot)edu
Subject: Re: BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script
Date: 2008-06-06 20:16:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I have finally gotten cleanly through the configure step.  The
documentation for postgres under section 15.5 gives the various
options, one of which is the --with-libraries.  This option does not
seem to work correctly for Solaris 10 with various packages added
into /usr/local and /usr/local/ssl.  A previous response indicated
that the use of LDFLAGS would solve this.  However, the documentation
in section 15.5 does not give any indications or hisnts about what
types of usage are possible.  Thus, the suggestion for putting in the
following as a template:
"-R /usr/local/lib:/usr/sfw/lib..." was the ticket.  Thus, my script
is as follows:

./configure
     --with-openssl
     --with-libxml
     --with-libxslt
     --with-libraries=/usr/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/sfw/lib:
            /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib:/usr/ccs/lib:/usr/ucblib
     --with-includes=/usr/local/ssl/include:/usr/sfw/include:
            /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include
     LDFLAGS='-R /usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/sfw/lib:
            /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib:/usr/ccs/lib:/usr/ucblib'

++++++++++++++++

The pertinent ENV vars are:

HOSTTYPE=sun4
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin
PWD=/u1/installs/postgresql-8.3.1
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java
TZ=US/Pacific
PS1=#
SHLVL=2
OSTYPE=solaris
VENDOR=sun
MACHTYPE=sparc

All of the necessary components with dependencies were brought in
from sunfreeware and installed with pkgadd.
gcc=3.4.6 as the compiler and primary libgcc.

Nathan K. Reed
Programmer/Analyst
Supervisor of Records group
University of California, Irvine
Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools
(949) 824-9631