months, intervals and integers

From: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: months, intervals and integers
Date: 2008-06-04 08:44:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi folks

I've got the following table and view and I don't know exactly how to get what
I want.

The table contains integers for the number of months.
I want the view to convert those month integers to intervals that it can
add/subtract from a date.

create table crm_scripts (
cs_id int4 primary key,
cs_title varchar(100),
cs_age_min int4,
cs_age_max int4,
cs_script text);

create view crm_script_details as
select *,
CURRENT_DATE-cs_age_max as start_date,
CURRENT_DATE-cs_age_min as end_date,
from crm_scripts;

If cs_age_min is 6 I need start_date to be CURRENT_DATE-'6 months'::interval

Any ideas?
--
Gary Stainburn