Re: rfc: add pg_dump options to dump output

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: rfc: add pg_dump options to dump output
Date: 2008-06-04 02:24:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 03 June 2008 01:17:43 Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> > Anyone see any issues with this?
> I'm a bit worried about breaking diff-equality of matching dumps,

If you are calling pg_dump with different flags, it seems likely your breaking
diff equality anyway so I'm not sure how valid that is.  Actually, in some
cases I'd expect the difference in flags might actually make other difference
more clear, for example comparing a dump with a -T flag vs. one without, the
differences might be scattered throughout the dump (table, triggers,indexes),
seeing the difference in the dump flags would likely make things more
concrete.

--
Robert Treat