Re: pgScript plan

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Mickael Deloison" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgScript plan
Date: 2008-06-02 15:13:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Mickael Deloison wrote:
> 2008/6/2 Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>:
> > Assuming it doesn't add a huge size increase to the binary, I agree
> > - no reason to disable it. If it *should* be possible to disable
> > it, it should be done within the framework of autoconf.
> >

> Hi Magnus,
>
> When compiled without the -g option, the standalone version binary is
> around 1.30 MB.
> I guess it is not too much since those 1,30 MB include pgConn.cpp,
> pgQueryThread.cpp, ...

That plus a bunch of wx linking overhead I'm sure.

I think you should proceed under the assumption that it won't add too
much to the pgAdmin binary, and that's the way to go.

This still relies on it not requiring some exotic third party library
though - if it does, it needs to be autoconf:ified.

//Magnus