Re: Core team statement on replication in PostgreSQL

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dimitri Fontaine <dim(at)hi-media(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Core team statement on replication in PostgreSQL
Date: 2008-05-30 09:02:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Le vendredi 30 mai 2008, Dimitri Fontaine a écrit :
> This way, no need to switch IP addresses, the clients just connect as usual
> and get results back and do not have to know whether the host they're
> qerying against is a slave or a master. This level of smartness is into
> -core.

Oh, and if you want clients to connect to a single IP and hit either the
master or the slave with some weights to choose one or the other, and a way
to remove from pool on failure etc, I think using haproxy in TCP mode would
do it. HaProxy is really nice for this purpose.
http://haproxy.1wt.eu/

Regards,
--
dim