Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content
Date: 2008-05-26 21:11:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 26 May 2008 14:06:09 -0700 Guido Barosio wrote:

> It seems to me that someone pushed the feeds, rather than swik
> directly fetching. If this is the case that user probably accepted
> some conditions, and probably the license and missing links are an
> effect of this conditions.

"This user" is not the owner of all blogs on planet. "This user" is not
in a position to "change" the license or allow swik to do so.

So if swik wants to feed this user account - no problem. But
please just for this user, not for the public.

> Could be? 2 cents.

Could be, yes. But that's no excuse for doing it wrong.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group