BUG #4169: Problem in installing

From: "shohorab hossain" <shohorab23(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4169: Problem in installing
Date: 2008-05-15 10:06:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4169
Logged by:          shohorab hossain
Email address:      shohorab23(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system:   RHEL4
Details:

For few days I am trying to install postgresql-8.3.1 in RHEL4. My machine
configuration is Intel Pentium IV. I have followed the installation document
of postgresql that was included with source distribution

I am facing the problem during the building step of source. The problem is
that when I start building with gmake command, it continuously shows
messages in console like checking for . yes / no and I
have waited approximately for 3 hours but it continues.  At last I have
cancelled the building process.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: shohorab hossainDate: 2008-05-15 11:21:30