Re: scrollable ResultSet advise

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: scrollable ResultSet advise
Date: 2008-05-15 06:44:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Στις Thursday 15 May 2008 09:14:52 ο/η Kris Jurka έγραψε:

> On Mon, 12 May 2008, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>
> > However, in plain connnection.prepareStatement(String sql) calls,
> > ResultSet type defaults to FORWARD_ONLY, making the above code broken.
> >
> > I am wandering if there is a quick way to solve this problem, without
> > touching the huge number of PreparedStatements in the code.
>
> The easiest thing would just be to adjust the driver source code to
> restore the old behavior.
Thanx,
I thought about it and abandoned that idea, since i speculate it would come back and bite me sometime in the future.
Also now the fact that jdbc is not in the server source base it is even more discouraging.
i just rewrote the prepareStatement()'s calls.
Thanx for your answer.

--
Achilleas Mantzios