BUG #4151: Can't connect/start database after restart

From: "alex" <shaselai(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4151: Can't connect/start database after restart
Date: 2008-05-09 18:34:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4151
Logged by: alex
Email address: shaselai(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system: windows XP
Details:

Hi,

I have 8.3.1 postgres installed and am facing a very weird problem. I
install the program fine and it works fine. However, once I restart the
computer and try to start the database via command line or pgAdmin3 it gives
me error that i can't connect. It tells me to check the logs but i didn't
find any error besides the connect error message itself. I then have to
uninstall and reinstall all over again... I also have trouble clearing
"hidden" history on previous postgres installations - I cleared up the "my
documents" folders with previous postgres installations but the computer
still warns me whenever i use a previous name.

Thanks,
Alex