Re: IM

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: IM
Date: 2008-05-08 15:43:07
Lists: pgsql-www
Am Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2008 schrieb Alvaro Herrera:
> You have to admit that this "secret clubhouse" thing is there all right.
> Who gets an account, and how it is named, is a complete mistery.  I see
> two accounts that have never connected at all: one is named
> "brucemomjian" and the other is "petereisentraut".  Does anybody think
> that they are inactive members of the community?  I don't.

I know I have this account, but I did not actually request it and I never
bothered to use it because I have enough other IM accounts (including jabber)
that are relatively public knowledge and that PostgreSQL folks are welcome to
use.  In my experience, there are plenty of free Jabber services available.
I don't see an advantage in running our own, considering the management
overhead.