Re: Resolved - LAN connection to server only after restart server

From: Pietro <bpietro(at)simail(dot)it>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Resolved - LAN connection to server only after restart server
Date: 2008-04-29 08:22:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
At Thursday 13 March 2008 16:31:36 Tom Lane wrote:
> Pietro <bpietro(at)simail(dot)it> writes:
> > It isn't so serious problem for me, only boring one, because each morning
> > I must start server box and then manually restart posgresql server.

Problem resolved:

Annoying part of this problem was its intermittent character. Two days all OK,
another one not working until restart, and so on.
Then I discover this line of log: could not bind IPv4 socket.
IMHO it was timing problem. Some days posgresql server was too quick and
tryied binding while network part wasn't wake up yet.
So I added nice 'sleep 10' in postgresql startup script and now all work well.

Regards
Pietro