Re: we don't have a bugzilla

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: we don't have a bugzilla
Date: 2008-04-28 14:21:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:58:01AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> So the proper thing to do is complain to the writer of the GUI app so
> that it has an option for showing the list headers, perhaps adding a
> menu entry when they are found.

At least in the case of Thunderbird, you already have an option:

According to the manual, claws has a whole Message/Mailing-List
submenu with built-in support for this. (This took me approximately
10 seconds to find through Google. The claws manual looks pretty
good, I have to say.)

I was unable to find the way to to this in Lookout! I don't use the
Mac OS Mail client, but a quick look didn't yield anything obvious.
However, these both allow you to look at the raw mail message, which
has the header.

Given that List-Archive was standardized in RFC2369, which came out in
1998, and that virtually every list server software shipping since
about 2000 has it built in and turned on by default, I fail completely
to see how using something as free-form as a signature footer is
supposed to be an improvement.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com
+1 503 667 4564 x104