Re: Postgresql installation - cannot initdb 1

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: xaviergxf <xaviergxf(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql installation - cannot initdb 1
Date: 2008-04-26 15:02:44
Lists: pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 05:04:38AM -0700, xaviergxf wrote:
> I had the postgresql version 8.2, but i´ve updated it to the 8.3.
> During the installation, postresql show this message "Failed to run
> initdb: 1". I already tried to remove and reinstall, but it does not
> works.
>
> Did anyone know how can i solve this problem?

I'm afraid my mind reading device is offline today, could you provide
the following information:

- What OS?
- How did you try to install the 8.3 version? Packaged or compiled
  yourself?
- What exactly did you type?
- What was the exact error message?
- How was your 8.2 installation installed?
- Which documentation/google searches have you already tried to resolve
this?

Thanks in advance,