Debian etch, backport postgresql 8.3 experiences?

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debian etch, backport postgresql 8.3 experiences?
Date: 2008-04-23 09:45:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I'd like to know if anyone has experience in using postgresql 8.3 for

How did you set up your apt config/source.list to just install the
minimum required to install 8.3 and php drivers?

Considering I'm not concerned of a "short" downtime and the DB is
pretty small what were your steps to safely upgrade on a production
box? (that mean I can just backup and restore and avoid more
complicated configurations involving slony).

Is there a way to prepare for a safe "roll back" to the previous
version? Does the backported package let you keep installed the
previous version?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Tim TassonisDate: 2008-04-23 09:46:35