Re: Governance for PGUS

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Governance for PGUS
Date: 2008-04-20 02:47:24
Lists: pgus-general
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:49:55 -0300
Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> What are we committed to from the 501(c)3 papers?  I know that a
> mission statement and initial bylaws are required.  Can we see these
> documents?

Actually a mission statement isn't required. The bylaws and
incorporation is required. Our incorporation is done (in Oregon). The
only thing the incorporation references is that everything will be
described in the bylaws.

We are currently waiting for a review set of the bylaws. We expect to
have them late this month. The board likely will not have time to
review them until after linuxfest nw.

> We can start from there and figure other stuff out.  One question is
> does PGUS support primarily US users, or US user *groups*?  It would
> be organized differently depending.

Our draft mission is here:

http://www.postgresql.us/mission

The current board members are working up their initial professional
goals based on the mission/bylaws. For example, Michael is focusing
heavily on education. We are also currently working up a draft budget.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake