Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am discarding this thread from the patches queue. We have fixed some
> of it so a LOG message is issued for invalid postgresql.conf
> combinations. We could do more, but there doesn't seem to be a clear
> TODO here.
Actually there's a clear TODO in GUC_complaint_elevel's header comment:
* Get the ereport error level to use in an assign_hook's error report.
* This should be used by assign hooks that want to emit a custom error
* report (in addition to the generic "invalid value for option FOO" that
* guc.c will provide). Note that the result might be ERROR or a lower
* level, so the caller must be prepared for control to return from ereport,
* or not. If control does return, return false/NULL from the hook function.
* At some point it'd be nice to replace this with a mechanism that allows
* the custom message to become the DETAIL line of guc.c's generic message.
Alvaro Herrera http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
In response to
pgsql-bugs by date
|Next:||From: Malcus||Date: 2008-04-17 18:17:25|
|Subject: BUG #4112: Error on access table's data|
|Previous:||From: Eugen.Konkov||Date: 2008-04-17 10:01:42|
|Subject: Re: BUG: Protocol 3.0 ErrorResponse: Last 'null' characterseems odd |