Re: BUG #3983: pgxs files still missing in win32 install (8.3.1)

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Mike Leahy <mgleahy(at)alumni(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3983: pgxs files still missing in win32 install (8.3.1)
Date: 2008-04-15 07:45:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Joe Conway wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Could this be somethingl ike missing PGDLLIMPORT specifications in
> > your addon module or something like that? Try checking the names of
> > the functions that are actually exported using "depends" or a
> > similar tool.
>
> Ah, that sounds likely, since I have never had to worry about
> explicit exports with PL/R before. Can you point me to an example or
> cheat sheet on what I need to do?

Stick a PGDLLIMPORT where needed :-)

Though now that I think of it, you only need that for variables. We use
the (broken, really, but that's what we do) method of exporting every
single function we can find in the binaries... You should have the same
issue with pl/pgsql, and it doesn't add PGDLLIMPORT so you should be
good there.

So it shouldn't be that problem, really.

> >> ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
> >> Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/plr.dll": The specified procedure could
> >> not be found.
> >
> > Actually, this looks like perhaps the backend is unable to load a
> > DLL that plr.dll depends on. Again, the "depends" tool can
> > hopefully show you what's missing there.
>
> That's what I was originally thinking (R.dll), but now I suspect the
> exported functions is probably the issue. I'll check this out when I
> get home tonight.

I hold this much more likely. It may be R.dll, it may be something that
R.dll depends on, or another direct dependency.

//Magnus