Re: Looking for speakers for Open Source Bootcamp

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Andrew Ross" <grof(at)rogers(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Looking for speakers for Open Source Bootcamp
Date: 2008-04-13 21:20:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Andrew,

> Currently, we're running events every month only in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
> that have been packing the room (~80 people) each time. My reason for
> writing today was to ask for help with an event this summer in Ottawa.
> osbootcamp5's theme is RDBMSs. I am looking for a speaker or two to talk
> about PostgreSQL. The event is on May 20th running 4pm-7pm. This is the
> same week as pgcon and on the first day of workshops.

Given that we'll have 50+ PostgreSQL people already in town by that time, I
imagine we can get a couple people.  Just assume that we're going to do this
and Dan and I will recruit speakers as we know people's travel schedules.  I
assume you'd prefer newbie-oriented talks?

> p.s. For people not in Ottawa: we are starting to look at doing osbootcamps
> in Toronto, New York, London, Paris, and in the valley in California. If
> you're interested in helping with these, or proposing a new location,
> please contact us at osbootcamp(at)gmail(dot)com(dot) Thanks again.

There are a lot of other OSS groups in Silicon Valley.  What differentiates
OSBootCamp?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun