Re: GiST opclass and varlena

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GiST opclass and varlena
Date: 2008-04-10 14:19:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I guess I'll keep talking to myself, but...

Le mercredi 02 avril 2008, Dimitri Fontaine a écrit :
> My previous tests were only done with REL8_2_STABLE cvs branch, I just
> redone some tests with REL8_3_STABLE and got no error. The index is still
> buggy, in the sense some requests returns different results with or without
> it (enable_seqscan).

It turned around the error was related to the definition of my gpr_penalty()
function, which I wanted to expose as the GiST "internal" and a SQL callable
one too (for debugging and tests purpose). I forgot to define the internal
one in the prefix.c side of things, got no complaint whatsover (nor at
compile time neither at prefix.sql installation time) but garbage as data in
__pr_penalty() function (not respecting GiST calling conventions).

I guess the 8.2 invalid memory alloc request size ERROR was related to the
same pilot error, as it's now gone too.

Now this problem is overcome and the codes allows me again to create index and
use them in queries both in 8.2 and 8.3, but there's still DEBUG ongoing.
I've augmented the README for interested people to have more information:
http://prefix.projects.postgresql.org/README.html

Regards,
--
dim