Re: Relationship between regional PUGS and USPUG

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Relationship between regional PUGS and USPUG
Date: 2008-04-07 19:55:00
Lists: pgus-general
On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:49:01 -0700
"Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Joshua D. Drake
> <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> > Did you have any ideas that you wanted to float?
> LAPUG is working on developing the group.  We are contacting the local
> universities and colleges with invitations to our meetings.  I think
> the invitation that we a sending is fairly decent.   However, I think
> that it would be nice if the local PUGs along with USPUG could develop
> a press kit that we all could use.  This would give us a formalized
> way of presenting ourselves to those that we are trying to stimulate
> interest.

This is an excellent idea. We actually have a template flyer we could
modify for EAST I think. We just need to get it into a open format.

> Also, (If practical) It would be nice if we could develop some sort of
> system to allow/encourage volunteers to present their topics for other

Oooh... that is a great idea. Something like a talks repository and
contact info for speakers. I like that.

Joshua D. Drake

The PostgreSQL Company since 1997:
PostgreSQL Community Conference: