Re: varadic patch

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: varadic patch
Date: 2008-04-02 15:48:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian escribi??:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > > Upon verifying this I noticed that you broke all the permanent links the
> > > other day, thus rendering both commitfest wiki pages useless -- just
> > > fixed them. It would be nice that if you promise things to be
> > > permanent, they are really permanent. Otherwise they are no better than
> > > the other urls with message numbers.
> >
> > Can you give me an example of a link that changed? They shouldn't.
>
> They used to be
> http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/162867790801260650t32ab221t5d6aac36643bac50(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)html
>
> but now are
> http://momjian.us/mhonarc/message-id/162867790801260650t32ab221t5d6aac36643bac50@mail.gmail.com.html

Oh, OK, the first one was my _old_ permanent version that is permanent
while messages are added/removed, but obviously not permanent for
mailbox movement. The new permanent ones are permanent against mailbox
movement, and in fact the comments and thread merging also travels with
the email.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com