postgres geometry column data visibility

From: "Dr(dot)D(dot)D(dot)Karunarathne" <ddk(at)ucsc(dot)cmb(dot)ac(dot)lk>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres geometry column data visibility
Date: 2008-03-27 01:24:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I have uploaded few shape files to posgres by using shp2pgsql followed by psql
commands. Data was loaded to the database without any problems. However when I
try to view the geometry column of some of the loaded files by using PgAdmin
III edit data display I see blank geometry columns, and executing the command
like "select IsEmpty(the_geom) from provinces" confirms that the field content
is not empty. I cant understand why the values are not displayed in  the
PgAdmin III edit data display.

Postgres version info
"PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2
(mingw-special)"

--
Damitha D. Karunaratna (PhD)
University of Colombo School of Computing,

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Taiki YamaguchiDate: 2008-03-27 02:23:08