Re: Auto Partitioning Patch - WIP version 1

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: NikhilS <nikkhils(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Auto Partitioning Patch - WIP version 1
Date: 2008-03-26 13:42:02
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian escribió:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > I noticed you broke an URL that previously worked: what was
> >
> > is now
> >

> > May I suggest that the URLs with Message-Ids are stored outside the
> > particular patch queue directory?  The script I showed you yesterday
> > could be used to do that.
> My email are added/removed so I am unsure how to do that easily becuase
> the lists would share the same directory.  We don't have that problem
> with the archives.

My point is that you should only _add_ Message-Ids, not remove them.
You can move the messages from one queue to the other to your heart's
content, but the Message-Id URL should continue to work with no changes.

> > Also I noticed that by moving it to the hold queue, the comments that
> > may have existed on the patch queue are now gone :-(  I'm not sure if
> > there were any in this case, but it's better if we're aware of that
> > fact.  I think this could be solved if the "namespace" of the comment
> > does not contain the patch queue name.
> I specifically set things up so the comments should move with the email.

Yeah, I noticed that after sending the email -- the js-kit name seems to
be only "msgid-<foo>".  I thought the "permalink=" attribute was part of
that, but perhaps not?  In case you added that permalink attribute
because of my request the other day, let me clarify that what I was
actually thinking was having something like

after the name of the poster, so that it would be visible on the index
page and the user didn't have to open the page to get it.

Alvaro Herrera