Re: unsubscribes (wasRe: Time to get infrastructure team-based)

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-03-24 20:44:19
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 08:54:57PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> >or not working reverse, if i remember correctly) which caused rejects
> >on my mail server for mail from hub.org mail server.
>
> Actually, the only issue in that past that caused us this sort of issue
> was using the delivery relays, where outgoing email was relayed through a
> server whose reverse dns, as you point out, didn't match the forward ...

Please note that there is an Internet Draft currently in Working Group Last
Call that suggests among other things that rejecting email because the
reverse doesn't work is quite possibly not ideal.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations/

Comment on the dnsop working group mailing list would be welcome.