Re: Email monitoring

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Email monitoring
Date: 2008-03-24 15:36:39
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:26:03AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > What is the problem you are trying to solve?
>
> Email is blocked but there is no notification except "Hey, I haven't
> gotten email in a while".

Adding a completely different address for that is not really a good monitor.

There are at least these problems possible:

- routing problems
- mail server problems
- list server problems
- machine failure problems
- delivery problems

These each need different monitors, I suggest. Let's work on those.