Re: pgsql: Added ECPGget_PGconn() function to ecpglib, courtesy of Mike

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Added ECPGget_PGconn() function to ecpglib, courtesy of Mike
Date: 2008-03-21 14:15:05
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 04:36:15PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> This should absolutely *not* have been done in a stable release branch.

I thought about this for a while before committing but failed to see
where an additional function could harm the stable release. There is
however an advantage, namely enabling aubit with PGSQL 8.3 again.
Without this change it won't work with this release.

I do agree though that normally you don't want to do this in a stable
branch.

> Kindly revert.

Is this consensus around here? I don't to argue about this just tried to
help some people.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org