Re: Rollback locks table - why?

From: "Jan Peters" <petersjan(at)gmx(dot)at>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rollback locks table - why?
Date: 2008-03-20 15:37:23
Lists: pgsql-sql
Yes, Tom,

it looks like this:

Locked Transaction:458553

I misread that. Sorry for that, I am actually a Geographer and just "using" the tools at hand. So I was not clear enough, it is a lock, but it's just the one of the transaction, right. That still does not explain why the Query Editor locks up, hm. I just tried to send the transaction to my servlet and it worked on the server es well. Seems the JDBC driver interprets the string differently. Well, if it's working on the server, I will not keep trying in the editor, although it might be nice, to have a solution. But as long as I use the console for testing purposes from now on, it's fine for me.

Thanks again, Craig and Tom, if you still have an idea what might cause this behaviour, let me know. Otherwise: Happy Easter!

Regards

Jan
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/?mc=sv_ext_mf(at)gmx