Re: Rollback locks table - why?

From: "Jan Peters" <petersjan(at)gmx(dot)at>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rollback locks table - why?
Date: 2008-03-20 15:00:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello Craig,

> Maybe you should tell the readers of this list a little more about what
> you're trying to do and why?
> --

ok, so I'll do that: I am programming a small economic Java simulation/serious game that has to calculate the GDP after 12 rounds. For doing this, I need the capital of each company at the very beginning of the game (i.e. runde (round) "0"). So when the user logs into the game, his/her client has to write a row in the the corresponding timeline table which holds the initial state of the company. For convinience reasons (since this will be used in laboratory conditions, only) I would just not want to purge the tables each time the game is restarted but would like to be sure, that the initial values are there for sure. The timeline can be dealt with via a timestamp that's also present.

So basically that's that.

Regards

Jan
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/?mc=sv_ext_mf(at)gmx