Re: pg_dump using SQL

From: Preston Landers <planders(at)journyx(dot)com>
To: Yusnel Rojas Garc?a <onemoverx(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump using SQL
Date: 2008-03-19 20:24:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

Yusnel Rojas Garc?a(onemoverx(at)gmail(dot)com)@2008.03.18 11:45:03 -0800:
> Hi everyone
>
> Is there any way to do what pg_dump does?, I mean, get the structure of a
> table in a database (ex: CREATE TABLE ...)

If you want to programmaticly discover the elements in a database
schema then you can always query the INFORMATION_SCHEMA:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/information-schema.html

That isn't the same as having the raw DLL statements that created
them, but depending on your purpose may be good enough.

regards,
Preston