Timestamp, epoch and a bit confusion

From: "Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr(dot)" <douglas(at)trenix(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timestamp, epoch and a bit confusion
Date: 2008-03-12 22:36:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello all.

I working with postgreSQL for a couple of months, and now I trying to convert
timestamp columns in epoch and epoch to timestamp columns. So far I could
reach, all SQL I find by 'googling' returns an error.

Where can I find some documentation with this convertions fo 8.2.x branch? I
think the Manual on the main site is not very helpfull in this case!!! ;-(

Thanks in advance.

--
Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr.
Sócio-Diretor