Re: Contributor List policy

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Date: 2008-03-12 05:23:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 10 March 2008 21:55, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> > ... there should be two lists, of which you
> > would definitely be label'd a 'Major Contributor' ...
>
> I've been thinking that for awhile.  Core is in a good position to see
> who are major or minor code contributors, but we are not so well placed
> to see who's contributing in a non-code fashion.

A large part of the problem is that Joshua, for quite some time now, has been
trying to change the definition of what the contributors on this page means.
Granted he has been smart about it, getting little things changed over time
to get closer and closer to his end goal. In the past we kept it with the
original spirit of the page, which was to recgonize those who have made
contributions that help further the core project. Core is generally in a good
position to know who those people are (or at least come to agreement with
some minimal prodding).

--
Robert Treat