Re: Contributor List policy

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Date: 2008-03-12 05:56:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:23:25 -0400
Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> wrote:

> A large part of the problem is that Joshua, for quite some time now,
> has been trying to change the definition of what the contributors on
> this page means.

I have? According to your other posts, my "goals" were in line with
the intent. All I did was change wording.

> Granted he has been smart about it, getting little
> things changed over time to get closer and closer to his end goal.

For the record my original goal was long since served. Which was to
have the list be for "contributors" and under "community" versus
"Developers" and under "developers". The point being of course, to make
sure that attribution to non-c developers was also possible on the list
without confusion. I feel I made that clear when I submitted the patch
3 months ago.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit