Re: Contributor List policy

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-03-11 03:11:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 02:30:19PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Either you include all contributors or you don't.
>
> That is surely a a false dichotomy. Surely we don't want to include
> everyone who ever answers a question on the mailing list, right?
>
> I think it'd be a bad idea to set up a big bureaucracy around all of this.
> The next step on this road is to create an appeals process to address people
> who've been taken off the list against their wishes.

As a foreshadowing of what might happen, remember the valid complaints
we got about people who fix bugs not being listed as much in the release
notes. Listing people's names was a secondary goal of the release notes
so we didn't change our policy.

If we do that list, there is going to be controversy about who is
listed, but we have had the list up for a long time and had few problems
so hopefully it will go fine.