Re: Contributor List policy

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Date: 2008-03-11 02:26:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:55:08 -0400

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> > ... there should be two lists, of which you
> > would definitely be label'd a 'Major Contributor' ...
> I've been thinking that for awhile.  Core is in a good position to see
> who are major or minor code contributors, but we are not so well
> placed to see who's contributing in a non-code fashion.  If there's
> going to be recognition for non-code contributions I'd be happy to
> see that be a separate list managed by someone else.  How this all
> gets presented on the website (one page or several?) is not clear.

I would be happy to mock something up. At least then we are all working
from something tangible.

Joshua D. Drake

- --
The PostgreSQL Company since 1997:
PostgreSQL Community Conference:
Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
      PostgreSQL political pundit | Mocker of Dolphins

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)