Build and other trouble with 08.03.0100 on Linux

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Build and other trouble with 08.03.0100 on Linux
Date: 2008-03-04 17:56:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

The build process of psqlodbc 08.03.0100 on Linux (or Unix platforms) seems to
have some open ends. The default build uses SSL but doesn't link against any
SSL library. Not sure how relevant that is. But I tried disabling the SSL
support using the advertised option --disable-openssl, which doesn't work
because the actual option is --disable-usessl. (Side note: If you want to
fix the option name, it might be nice to use --without-openssl to be
consistent with PostgreSQL.) That build then fails because NOT_USE_LIBPQ
must be defined. With a successful build I experience various kinds of
problems building up a connection, some of which even go away for a while
when I try to connect a few times (!!!). The driver version 08.01.0200 I
have lying around works without problems on the identical configuration
(odbcinst.init and odbc.ini). Is anyone successfully using psqlodbc
08.03.0100 on Unix platforms?