BUG #4002: Error when I attemp to make a query by prompt

From: "Mario Plazas" <marioplazas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4002: Error when I attemp to make a query by prompt
Date: 2008-02-29 17:52:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4002
Logged by: Mario Plazas
Email address: marioplazas(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.0
Operating system: win xp
Details:

Hi.
In psql ver 8.3.0, I use a prompt line to connect and query a database. In
this line, I send the path for execute psql, database and user respectly
(the password are in a enviroment var); Then, I try to query, but the system
show the follow error:

C:\Archivos de programa\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin>"C:\Archivos de
programa\PostgreSQL\8
.3\bin\psql.exe" DBASE superpostgres -C "SELECT * FROM companies;"
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "-C" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "SELECT * FROM companies;"
ignored

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\q to quit

DBASE=# \q

C:\Archivos de programa\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin>

It works fine on ver. 8.2.4-1 I think that this is a bug for the ver.
8.3.0-1 .