BUG #3993: RULE UPDATE : GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT = 0

From: "vasile" <vasile(dot)halosta(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3993: RULE UPDATE : GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT = 0
Date: 2008-02-27 13:15:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3993
Logged by: vasile
Email address: vasile(dot)halosta(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system: Centos 5
Details:

I have create 2 partitions for table tbl using inheritance and rules.

Before having partitions on table tbl, I was using GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT
to check the number of rows updated/inserted.

After creating partitions on tbl when I run UPDATE/INSERT on the master
table (tbl) the ROW_COUNT is 0.

It may be correctly the ROW_COUNT to be 0 because the rows was
inserted/updated in another table (in partitions) and not in master table.

Please help me to find a solution to retrieve the number of rows
inserted/updated in all table partitions.

Thank You,
Vasile.