Re: Two Coverity Scan volunteers needed

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two Coverity Scan volunteers needed
Date: 2008-02-27 08:19:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 02:57:12PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > If we get volunteers set up, they will start running it daily.
>
> Would there be a way to script the responses to flag us for things
> that are important?

There was (briefly) a way for them to send emails whenever something
new was detected. That was kinda useful. However, the number of false
positives is quite large. Maybe it got better but last time I checked
(a while back admittedly) it didn't notice the ereport(ERROR,...) never
returned.

It is possible to export results, and I did that once for all the ECPG
errors so the developers could fix them. Looking at the latest results
it has a lot of warnings about dead-code in libstemmer, which is not
entirely surprising given that it's generated code.

Have a nice day,