Odbc and Bytea

From: "luiz" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Odbc and Bytea
Date: 2008-02-26 15:55:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I discovered that ODBC driver has a slightly different behavior than libpq on
the conversion from bytea escaped sequence to the unescaped form.

Well, I was sent a wrong escaped string to a bytea column, and Odbc driver
donĀ“t return the same wrong string when retrieve it. :(

Altought for correct strings they works well, I think that is interesting that
both routines have the same behaviour.

So,I attached a modification (algorithm extracted from libpq ;) ).

Hope this can help to improve the driver.

Best Regards

Luiz
--
Plan IT Tecnologia Informatica Ltda.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: luizDate: 2008-02-26 16:12:51