postgresql.eu ?

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql.eu ?
Date: 2008-02-25 19:23:53
Lists: pgeu-general
hi everyone,

This might be naïve question but can we use the postgresql.eu domain ?

It seems to more self-explaining and easier to remember than pgug.eu

Right now the .eu seems to belongs to Cybertec. Is there any Cybertec people
here ? Is it possible to use the domain ?

The french-speaking community as a long story about domain confusion. When the
website was started in 2004 [1], the domain postgresql.fr was not available
so Jean-Paul choose postgresqlfr.org . Then we got in touch with the company
owning the .fr domain and we finally got access to DNS management at the end
of 2007. Now we are slowly moving all our web services from postgresqlfr.org
to postgresql.fr
We should try to avoid that kind of confusion for the EU group.

For now, the association is not officially existing. I hope all the paperwork
and  official announcement will be done before may. So until then the
ownership cannot be transfered to the association. But maybe we can just
start by redirecting the DNS management to some community DNS servers.

We'll talk about ownership later.

does that sounds ok ?

Regards,
Damien

[1] Nostalgia !
http://web.archive.org/web/20040224170256/http://www.postgresqlfr.org/

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com

pgeu-general by date

Next:From: Gabriele BartoliniDate: 2008-02-25 19:38:59